The magic of Colorado, steam-era railroading awaits you on the Clear Creek Narrow Gauge route. Set in the 1930s, this new Train Simulator route features daunting yet majestic mountain topography; grades of up to 4 percent; switchbacks; remote but bustling mining towns; classic wooden passenger cars to carry local travelers and tourists to the ?far famed? Georgetown Loop -- and the very the special appeal of diminutive but powerful narrow-gauge steam locomotives!
Created by Milepost Simulations, the Clear Creek Narrow Gauge route recreates the iconic narrow gauge railroad that at the time was operated by the Colorado & Southern Railway and had been built in the 1870s and 1880s by the Colorado Central Railroad.
Stretching 55 route miles, the Clear Creek Narrow Gauge route begins at Golden, Colorado, some 15 miles west of Denver at an elevation of 5,675 feet, and then extends up the rugged Clear Creek Canyon to Forks Creek. There, the railroad thrusts two diverging lines high into the Rockies, one making its way to the mining towns of Black Hawk and Central City, the other to Georgetown, and then around the famous ?Georgetown Loop? and over towering Devil?s Gate High Bridge to reach Silver Plume, Colorado at an elevation of 9,101 feet above sea level.
To climb high into the Front Range of the Rockies, you?ll take the throttle of Baldwin-built B4D-class narrow-gauge 2-8-0s (provided in authentic coal- and oil-burning versions) and the route includes an extraordinary and highly realistic selection of freight and passenger rolling stock.
From the relatively ?flatlands? and busy dual-gauge yard complex of Golden to Forks Creek tucked deep in the Clear Creek Canyon, to captivating western mining towns, and the remarkable climb to Silver Plume ? which from Georgetown required a 3.5 percent grade, one complete spiral, 300-foot-long, 96-foot-high Devil?s Gate High Bridge, and two reverse loops, all within roughly 3 miles of track ? the Clear Creek Narrow Gauge route delivers all the captivating appeal, romance, and operating challenges of Colorado narrow gauge railroading that has held railroad enthusiasts and railroaders alike spellbound for generations!
The Clear Creek Narrow Gauge route includes 12 challenging career scenario including tutorials for operating the B4D 2-8-0 steam locomotive, passenger, freight, and switching operations.
- The iconic Clear Creek Narrow Gauge set in the 1930s with 55 total route miles extending from Golden, Colorado to Forks Creek and two separate lines to Black Hawk and Central City and Georgetown and Silver Plume high in the Rocky Mountains
- The famed Georgetown Loop and Devil’s Gate High Bridge
- Baldwin-built narrow-gauge B4D-class 2-8-0s with custom scripted auto fireman in realistic coal- and oil-burning versions
- Period-authentic narrow-gauge rolling stock including baggage car and passenger coach; boxcars, gondola, reefer, flatcar, tank car, and classic 4-wheel “bobber” caboose
- Period authentic wooden standard-gauge rolling stock
- Challenging career scenarios for the route
- Quick Drive compatible
- Download size: 1100mb
Source: The Publisher Website.