Marketplace Seller Guide
How do I become a seller?
In order to sell items in the BoardGameGeek Marketplace just do the following:
- Create an account on BoardGameGeek.
- Verify your email address.
- That's all there is to it. You can now list games for sale.
How do I sell a game?
- Search for the game using the QuickSearch function on the sidebar menu.
- Look for the BoardGameGeek Marketplace section on the game listing and click on "Sell Yours Now!"
- Fill out the "Sell Game" form - put in your price, condition, shipping details, and payment details.
- Click on Submit. That's all there is to it. Your game is now listed in the Geek Market.
What do I need to do after I receive a message from someone interested in my listing?
- Communicate with the buyer directly to work out any details of the sale such as shipping address and payment method.
- Mark the listing as SOLD after making a deal with a buyer. This removes the listing from the Market and records the sale price in the game’s Price History.
I've received payment - what next?
- Ship an item should use a method that provides tracking and insurance - these protect you in case anything goes wrong with the delivery.
How do I pay BoardGameGeek the 3% advertising fee on a successful sale
- Go to the Market and click Ad Fees in the menu
What is an item signature?
The item signature is an article of text that is placed at the end of the comment section in all your items that you are selling. This is useful for having shipping details, payment instructions uniform across your entire inventory.
- Go to the Market and click Inventory in the sidebar. Then select Item Signature.
- After you are finished with your changes click on Submit and all your items will be automatically updated with the new signature.
How do I modify/delete my marketplace listing?
- Go to the Market and click Inventory in the sidebar. Then select Manage.
- Click on "Edit" for the item you wish to modify, or Click on "Delete" for the item you wish to delete.
How much does this cost me?
Sellers can list items on BoardGameGeek indefinitely at no cost. When you sell an item, BoardGameGeek charges a 3% advertising fee on the listing price. The 3% is only calculated on the base price of the game and does not include the shipping cost.
Guide to Selling Games on BGG
See also the Guide to Selling Games on BGG for information on geeklist auctions, Geekbay, Geekgold auctions, and eBay listings.