Tactical Combat Series
Tactical Combat Series (TCS) wargames was first published by The Gamers and then now by MMP.
(from MMP webpage:)
"The Tactical Combat Series (TCS) brings the detail of small unit combat to the gaming table. Taking the role of Battalion or Company commander, TCS requires players to skillfully plan their assaults and their defenses through written Operations Sheets (Op Sheets). Units must follow orders as outlined on their Op Sheets. Unexpected circumstances can require split second decisions. Making these decisions is the easy part. Getting the orders to your troops, however, is another matter entirely."
Games in the series
- Bloody 110
- Objective: Schmidt
- Force Eagle's War
- Matanikau: Battles on the Matanikau River, Guadalcanal, 1942
- GD '40
- Hunters from the Sky
- Black Wednesday: The Battle of Krasni Bor, 10-11 Feb 1943
- GD '41
- Semper Fi!
- A Raging Storm
- A Frozen Hell: The Battle of Tolvajärvi, Russo-Finnish War, 1939
- Screaming Eagles in Holland: The 101st Airborne Division's Defense of Hell's Highway, 22-23 September, 1944
- Bloody Ridge
- GD '42: Grossdeutschland
- Canadian Crucible: Brigade Fortress at Norrey
- Ariete: The Battle of Bir el Gubi, Libya November 1941
- Body Count: Five Battles in Vietnam 1965–1969 -- Project, not published yet
Comparisons between the series games:
Comparisons with other tactical systems: